IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION
In light of the recent countrywide alerts and events, security at the 10to4 will be increased in all event areas, for your own safety.
Gate staff at Borana Conservancy entry and at the Race Village will be recording names, details and ensuring you have a valid connection to the event, along with checking vehicles.
The Borna Gate will now be closed at 8pm every evening. We apologize for any inconvenience to your plans but we are doing our absolute best to keep you as safe as possible and keep you from getting lost.
Please be patient and cheerful with the staff, as this is for your own safety, and note this will inevitably slow down the last part of your journey to the event. Please allow extra time for any delays this may cause.
We kindly ask that you:
- Be polite and helpful to those people doing their job to help protect you and your group.
- Be vigilant and report any incidences or anything suspicious over the phone to 0718 235 936. Do not use this phone number for general enquiries, they should be directed to the event manager's number: 0741 770 789.
- Send names of people who are accompanying you by email to email@example.com so that we can quickly associate you with your groups or families. Failure to do so will result in longer unnecessary waits!
- If you have someone driving down to Borana Race Village after you have started your race on Saturday, please remember to add them to the list in your group.
- If you are a sponsor or supplier coming to the event, same applies. Please give use the names and ID’s of any drivers and associates who will come into Borana to help you with the 10to4.
- Give yourselves extra time to get to Borana whatever day you plan to arrive!
- If you won't make it into the Borana Gate by 8pm please opt to stay in Nanyuki or Timau. Some good options include: Le Rustique, One Stop Shepherds Huts, Kongoni Camp, Pelican House and Lions Court.
- We look forward to welcoming participants to this important annual fund raising event and seeing you all soon!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
If you have any enquiries regarding your entry please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Otherwise please take a look through the website, in particular the new 2019 Competitors Info tab as it has been updated with lots of new information.
2019 Tropic Air 10to4 Mountain Bike Challenge
The 2019 Tropic Air 10to4 will take place on 15th-17th February 2019 starting on the slopes of Mount Kenya and ending on the Savannahs of Borana Conservancy. Having started in 2002 as a very small Mountain Biking event, with just a handful of riders, this event has grown to over 300 competitors from across the globe raising over US$70,000. This annual event provides a unique opportunity for people to enjoy Mount Kenya and its’ surrounding beautiful wildlife conservancies, whilst raising critical funds for Mount Kenya Trust’s community projects and mountain conservation.
One of the best-kept secrets on Africa's adventure tourism calendar is the Mt Kenya mountain bike race, with courses for all abilities. Raising money for Mount Kenya Trust, riders start at an altitude of 10,000ft and drop through alpine moorlands, forests, and game-filled plains to end on a private wildlife conservancy at 4,000ft. For the second year running the 10to4 also offers the Altitude Horse Ride, for participants to ride with family and friends alongside wildlife through untouched wilderness.