Borana Race Village
This is the heart of the event, where registration, camping, the finish line, bike drop and prize giving are. Directions on how to get to BRV can be found here.
Borana Race Village opens at 2.00PM on Thursday 14th February. Registration is open from Thursday 2-8pm, all day Friday (6.30am onwards), and Saturday morning at the Kisima Horse Patrol START line (6.30-8.00AM). The Mini 10to4's can register at any time, including Sunday morning (6.30AM onwards).
Whether you are a competitor or a supporter there is much on offer this year at the Race Village. Besides medical tents, toilets and showers please keep an eye out for:
- Rusty Nail will be serving food and drinks across the event weekend so stop by them to keep your energy levels up. They will even be up before Races start to serve an early breakie.
- The Braeburn Play Tent is there to keep your little ones busy. Though please note they are still your responsibility!
- The BIKE SHOP has come all the way from Nairobi to help with your last-minute cycling needs. They are even running pre-event services so go check out their tent!
- Footprint Massage are here to help you relieve your post-race aches and pains, book early to secure your spot.
- Delia’s Ice Cream are once again here with their delicious ice creams and toasties.
- You may spot Dormans Coffee up at the DAY 2 start line but they can also be found down at the BRV on Day 2 helping with your caffeine fixes.
- On Day 2 we are offering short Pony Rides around BRV and there is a Kids Bike Zone for those little ones who are waiting for their parents to finish the race.
This year the camping set up has changed, so PLEASE read the below carefully:
- This year access to the camp site is restricted to those who have paid for camping. For those who haven't pre-registered for this but would like to camp, we will accept payment on the day via mpesa or cash (Ksh. 1,500 per adult for the full event, children camp for free).
- On arrival please head straight to MAIN REGISTRATION where you will be able to collect your competitor items as well as your camping wrist band (should you be registered to camp).
- There is a separate entrance for the camping site (there will be no vehicle access through from main registration) but you MUST have collected your wrist band first, as NO WRIST BAND = NO ENTRY
- Those camping are required to bring ALL their own camping equipment. The camp site has shower and toilet facilities.
- There will be NO water available at the Race Village for camping, apart from showers. Highlands drinking water will be available to buy from the bar. Please make sure you bring enough for your camp.