MINI 10to4 MOUNTAIN BIKE CHALLENGE
Date: SUNDAY 14th February 2021
Timings: 8.45m race briefing, 9am race starts
Location: Timau Sports Club
Entry Fee (KSh): 2,000 (4-6 yrs) and 2,500 (6-12 yrs)
Held on Sunday, the hugely popular children's races will in 2021 take place at the Timau Sports Club Race briefing starts at 8.45am. Families and competitors will be invited to come and compete and then enjoy a 'bring your own' socially distanced picnic lunch. If we are lucky the TSC bar might be open!
Pre-entry only - entries or changes on the day will NOT be accepted.
- Race 1 - open to 4-6 year olds over a 2km obstacle course.
- Race 2 - open to 6-8 year olds over approx. 4.5km.
- Race 3 - open to 6-12 year olds over approx. 9km.
- Race 4 - also open to 9-12 year olds over approx. 13.5km.
Please note, for a child to take part in a specific race they must be within the age range specified on race day.
HOW TO ENTER
- Email Leafy Rous on email@example.com to register your interest. You MUST include details on how many places you would like to secure and for which race/s.
- If a spot is available, you will be sent a link to the entry form. This must be completed within 24hr of being sent.
- Payment will then need to be made within 24 hours of submitting the entry form otherwise the spot will be released and given to the next name on the list.
- Please encourage your children to raise as much money as they can as every shilling raised goes towards Mount Kenya Trust and the valuable work they do to protect Mount Kenya and its surrounding areas and communities.
- A Sponsorship form is available for your child to use. This form also details how sponsorship payments can be made.
- Don’t forget that there is a prize for the top fundraising child, the Jasper Horwood Memorial Trophy, kindly donated in memory of Jasper Horwood who was a Mini 10to4 fanatic.
- And the prize for the overall top fundraiser courtesy of Tropic Air is a helicopter flight around Mount Kenya. Last year this was won by 13-year-old Tyra Behr.
- Children taking part in the Mini 10to4 are able to register for their bike badge and goody bags at any stage during the week BEFORE the event. Pre-Registration will be available at the MKT Offices, Turaco Farm (times TBC). They will also be able to register onsite the morning of the race but you will need to arrive early enough before the 8.45am Race Briefing to do this.
- There is however no option to sign up for a race onsite. All registrations must be in ahead of the deadline on the 29th January 2021.
- Pre-race briefing is at 8.45am, all children must be present at this so we can sign them in for their race.
If you wish to ride with your child, please add your name to the question ‘adult rider supporting mini 10to4 cyclist’ and we will class you as riding 'hors concour'. Please note, if there are too many adults requesting to do this we will have to restrict numbers due to safety reasons but rest assured we will ensure that there is an adult riding behind each race as a sweeper.
- We will also be running an inter-school competition so please be specific about which school your child attends as points will be given to all competitors depending on placings and the ‘winning’ school awarded at Prize Giving on Sunday 14th.