MINI 10to4 MOUNTAIN BIKE CHALLENGE
The ever-popular Mini 10to4 this year returns to the Mountain!
With four different races to enter, we hope all our budding Sliders, Rushers, Classicists, Wildlings and Extremists will find something at the right level for them!
- Once online registration has been confirmed, children taking part in the Mini 10to4 will be able to register for their bike badge and goody bags at any stage during the week BEFORE the event. Pre-Registration times and locations will be published nearer the time.
- You will also be able to register onsite the morning of the race but you will need to arrive early enough before the Race Briefing to do this.
- There will however be no option to sign up for a race onsite.
- Pre-race briefing will be at 8.30am, all children must be present at this so we can sign them in for their race.
REGISTER & COLLECT A BIKE TAG FOR ANOTHER COMPETITOR
In order for you to do this please ensure that each competitor has completed the event 'ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & WAIVER FORM' and that the guardians of any other children you are pre-registering/collecting for have signed these. Forms can be submitted electronically to 10to4Registration@MountKenyaTrust.org or printed and handed in when you collect your bike tag.
You will also need to complete a MEDICAL FORM for each child taking part in the event.
The Mini 10to4 races will all take place on Sunday 26th February. There will be four races in total, and we anticipate distances will be similar to the 2022 route as follows:
Race 1: 12km - 9 to 12 year olds
Race 2: 8km - 6 to 12 year olds
Race 3: 4km - 6 to 8 year olds
Race 4: 1km obstacle course - 4 to 6 year olds
The mini race route will also be on Strava.
- Please encourage your children to raise as much money as they can as every shilling raised goes towards Mount Kenya Trust and the valuable work they do to protect Mount Kenya and its surrounding areas and communities.
- Visit the Fundraising page for tips on how to raise money and to download a sponsorship form.
- Don’t forget that there is a prize for the top fundraising child, the Jasper Horwood Memorial Trophy, kindly donated in memory of Jasper Horwood who was a Mini 10to4 fanatic.